Monday, February 4, 2008

ALSPPC USPSA match - 2/2/2008

Well, sorry folks, no video on this one. I got the range and found my camcorder battery totally flat... D'oh.

That's OK, though - not much to show you this time. I didn't really connect with my performance on Saturday. I could make excuses, etc, but heck, its not worth lying to either of us. Just wasn't a good match.

However - I got about 500 sharp rounds of practice in following the match, and honed in on a preferred setup on the new gun, and cleaned up many of the errors I made in the match. This is key - as I walked away from the day with positive thoughts and experiences in mind, and greater confidence than the match results would have given me...

Altering my sleep schedule is certainly at least partially responsible - for the Florida Open, I have to wake up about 4:30 Central time! Lack of sleep plays heck on my mental focus, unfortunately. But, I want and need to learn how to deal with that scenario, so... practice afterwards allowed me to focus with that sort of concentration level...

Anyhow - congrats on your match win, Don Hardy!

2 comments:

catfish said...

Someday you get the bear and somedays the bear gets you. It happens.

Are you rested enough? Crossfit workouts wearin' you down yet?

I know for my body, I'm good for about 6-8 weeks; all other things being equal.

Last weekend was my body telling me it was time for a break; a week light at the gym and this weekend was a whole new ballgame.

Anyway, keep on, brotha!

DaveRe said...

Definitely rested in terms of recovery from workouts. I want to get a light one in tomorrow - going nuts without doing [b]something[/b]... ;)

I'm experimenting with tapering, right now - this is the first big match for it. A week of light/no workouts to rest of, and we'll see what happens on Saturday...