Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Role of Fitness in Practical Shooting




For a lot of folks, the terms "shooting" and "fitness" don't usually seem to go together. Mention shooting to your average Joe, and he gets this image of Larry the Cable Guy running around in the woods, decked out in camo, beer in hand, blasting away at anything that moves (and some stuff that doesn't move, too). Not the pinnacle of fitness, obviously. Mention fitness to most shooters (the vast majority of whom thankfully don't resemble the drunk redneck type the general public has in mind - no offense to drunk rednecks), and they just stare at you like your either nuts, or from another planet. What has fitness got to do with anything? This is SHOOTING, man!!!

To read this article, hit the DR Performance main site!

6 comments:

catfish said...

That's excellent Dave! And hey, look at it this way. Even if getting fit has or will do NOTHING for your shooting game, don't you feel better?

Good work man, keep it up.

DaveRe said...

Hiya, Derrick - yeah, without a doubt, worst case is that I feel sharp, fit, and fantastic, and I get catcalls from Mrs. Re ;) Not to mention having more energy...

The downside, of course, is that I've already had to hit the store once for smaller pants, and I might be back there again soon.... but, I'll take that over being fat and sloppy on the couch!

Bryan said...

Good points on the fitness angle Dave. We both seem to be running at about the same level of progress in terms of weight loss during our off season. I feel tons better, knocking off 27lbs so far, and I'm not done yet. As for buying new clothes - this is a good thing.

Keep up the work man - I'm convinced it will pay off in many areas.

BW

Unknown said...

Holy Crap man!! That is awesome!! I myself have just started a Crossfit/ Gym Jones style of workout. I like the burst of power it give me when I need it. Great work man!

DaveRe said...

Bryan, I can't wait to see what you're lookin' like now, dude ;)

Shawn, do it to it, man. This stuff is the shizzle...

Calamity Jane said...

I was cruising your blog and went out to the cross fit home page. You've got to post the picture of you doing the ring row thingy ma bobs. The look on your face is priceless! Like the tee shirt too. Looking good Dave, keep up the good work.